SCREEM is always open to volunteers, whether you want to fix a bug which is bothering you, or have a new feature feel free to offer assistance and patches. Of course even if you aren't a programmer you could offer to assist in the documentation, or even just provide useful bug reports.
The latest code can be checkout from the projects CVS repository via anonymous (pserver) CVS with the instructions that follow.
cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/screem login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/screem co screem-dev
- When prompted for a password for anonymous simply press the Enter key
- To use the stable branch add -rr0_16_x after the co (and before screem-dev)
There is of course a mailing list for discussion about screem development which you can subscribe to, or just read through the old messages. This is a very low traffic list in general.
0.17.x development plans
Items in grey (in CSS browsers) have been implemented, those with question marks are just possibilities and are not definite.
- New site / page creation
- improved ui, dump druid usage
- creation of non markup documents, e.g. new php class file etc.
- Link View - lots of work needed
- UI needs drastic improvement
- Needs to show links to pages that are already displayed
- Needs to handle pages with a large number of links, e.g. pages like the slashdot frontpage.
- Use foocanvas instead of gnomecanvas
- Tree View
- Enable editing from within the tree view, like MLView
- Implement libxml based GtkTreeModel and switch ScreemPageModel over to using it
- Improved template support
- Get full site templates working
- Tag Tree
- Descriptions for all css properties
- DOM reference?
- Improved search capabilities
- XPath based searching
- Symbol browser
- should work with remote sites as well
- Site stats should be calculated when opening the site to avoid extra file accesses when opening the stats dialog
- UI Issues
- Greater HIG Compliance
- Show busy cursor when necessary
- Support for more languages in the insert menu, SQL, WML etc ?